Below is a list of all required items for the Application Packet for all who attended the Mandatory Informational Meeting on 09/06. You must have attended that meeting inorder to move forward in the MTA Process. Thank You.
You must be prepared to provide the following very quickly if we are approved to participate:
*You must have a four year degree from an accredited college/university
1. 2 Copies of your Official Transcripts (from the school where you received your degree) – sealed in two separate envelopes (you will also be required to upload a third copy at a later time), so order Three or Four Copies to be safe!
2. A 2 x 2 Current color official passport-size photo dressed in a shirt, tie and jacket (please take this picture within two weeks of the information meeting (TBA) – you can do so at WalGreens, CVS, WalMart, USPS, etc.)
3. A non Refundable Application Fee of $50.00
4. Your Voters Registration Card
5. 5 Letters of Recommendation –
– Three (3) letters from any member of Kappa Alpha Psi in Good Standing at all three levels, National, Province, and Local ***Absolutely no exceptions!!!
– Two (2) letters of recommendation must also come from a community sponsor on stationary or letterhead
The posting of this notice is not a guarantee that we will be approved as a chapter to participate, nor is it a guarantee that you will be qualified to participate. However, due to the swift nature of the process, we want to provide an opportunity for you to proactively gather the required documentation.
Your Letters of Recommendation must follow these guidelines:
Fraternity Member Requirements
- Letters must be signed
- Your contact information must be included: Full name, phone number, email address, mailing address
- Membership number and not (Life Membership #), current chapter of affiliation, if any, with the name and contact number of Polemarch and Keeper of Records
- Copy of your current financial card (This include any Province/Grand Chapter Life Membership cards).
- What important attributes would you like to discuss, and what relationship do you have with this potential candidate?
- Letter of recommendation must be signed
- Your contact information must include: Full name, phone number, email address, and mailing address
- How well does the individual work with others?
- How would you evaluate the work ethic of the individual on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being poor and 10 being excellent?
- What important attributes would you like to discuss, and what relationship do you have with the individual?
Membership in this Fraternity is a solemn commitment. To this Fraternity, the maker of the commitment becomes synonymous with the commitment itself. Membership in Kappa Alpha Psi is a lifelong dedication to the ideals and lofty purposes of Kappa Alpha Psi, which considers for membership only those aspirants whose personal, social and academic qualifications, are acceptable to both college and Fraternity.
Maturity and dedication is expected both of new members and established members alike.
Maturity is more than simply reaching a certain age. Maturity, to us, means acceptance of reality, the ability to sacrifice and set goals, consideration of others, incisive judgment, emotional balance, acceptable social skills, intellectual competence and moral rectitude.
Dedication means putting those characteristics of maturity into a lifelong program of action to advance the interests, goals and purposes of Kappa Alpha Psi. We expect our members to be dedicated.
But do not let personal goals supersede those of the Fraternity. A person who feels he would do the Fraternity a favor by joining is not worthy of membership. One who holds himself superior to the brotherhood of Kappa Alpha Psi is not worthy of this distinction.
Kappa Alpha Psi is not interested in the simple accumulation of members and chapters. Our emphasis, however, is in the quality and integrity of its membership. Membership quality manifests itself through an intangible element of brotherhood we call “that Good Old Kappa Spirit.”
Acceptable qualities of Kappa Alpha Psi members include:
The disposition to live in close companionship with men of similar values
The wisdom to abide by the will of the majority without sacrificing individuality
The discretion to refrain from destructive criticism while seeking to remove the causes of such criticism
The acceptance of responsibility for any effort that moves the group forward
The desire to strive for, and ultimately achieve, excellence in everything you do
The commitment to train for leadership
The resolution to give lifelong financial support and commitment to the maintenance and development of the Fraternity’s programs and purposes
If you have any questions, please send an email to LEarley@LDACKappas.com.
We appreciate your interest.